YOUR DATA MATTERS
At JLT we know how important data privacy is to you and we want to make sure you are clear on why and how we collect, handle, store and transfer your personal data; what your data protection rights are and how you can exercise them.
General Principles followed for processing of data:
The Use of Personal Data is meant for fair and lawful purposes with correct handling of sensitive personal data and obtaining consent to process such data.
- Personal data is collected and kept to the extent required through use of lawful and fair means and where appropriate with your knowledge and consent.
- Personal data is kept up-to-date, complete and accurate, and is used only for the purposes for which they were obtained.
- Personal data is kept securely and reasonably safeguarded against loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
- Personal data is collected and complies with the general principles and relevant applicable laws in India.
- We ensure that the transfer of personal data from one jurisdiction to another is secure and uninterrupted and complies with any other local applicable laws.
- JLT INDEPENDENT Group respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its clients, employees, business partners and others. Not only does JLT INDEPENDENT Group strive to collect, use and disclose personal data in a manner consistent with the applicable laws of the countries in which it operates, but it also has a tradition of upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices.
Unless it is allowed under local law JLT INDEPENDENT Group will not send unsolicited marketing communications by email, post, fax, telephone, or other electronic means to any individuals (including business partnerships and named individuals in Companies) unless it has obtained the consent of those individuals. This consent can be obtained at the time the information is provided by the individual or as required by the applicable law.
JLT INDEPENDENT Companies will comply with any request by an individual not to receive direct marketing information.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we process about you when you use our website. You may request access to your data, correction of any mistakes in our files, erasure of records where no longer required and restriction on the processing of your data. You also have rights in respect of the processing of your data, data portability and information used in relation to any automated decision making and profiling or the basis for international transfers. You can find out more information about your rights by clicking on this link
ESCALATION PROCEDURE FOR INCIDENT OF BREACH OF DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
In the event of an incident and breach of Data Protection regulations the local management team of JLT INDEPENDENT Company will handle the breach in accordance with local procedures.
The incident is to be handled in the first instance by the Compliance Officer and escalated to the Head of IT and the Head of Risk & Compliance;
Subsequent escalation is to:
- Head of Risk & Compliance